Monday, December 6, 2010

DECEMBER 6




Here is today's offering and as nice a one as the rest of them. We sure have some talented ladies in this swap. A really cute little bedtime scene with santa and decorated with 2 snowflakes dangling from the box. The inside gift is a silver charm/piece that says DREAM wrapped with a silver bow on top. This will go very nicely on one of my CQ pieces. This #6 matchbox is from Francie Thornton ofthe scented Garden Studio.

We had our garden club luncheon today and like all ladies pot luck luncheons the food was superb. We never even give out a list but it always works. Just the right amount of main dishes, desserts, etc. Better then any restarant could possibly be. One of the desserts was a delicious chocolate, whipped cream concoction that I would call a trifle because it was in a trifle dish. What else would you call it. Well when I was picking up the remainder of my casserole dish and the gal with the trifle said do you want to take some of this home? I said why don't you want it and she said my husband doesn't like it.
She filled up a container with what was left so the man and I will have some neat dessert when I go join him to watch tv. He is watching basketball right now. Thank God for sports
to keep men occupied.

we are going down to pick up the daughter and 2 grandsons tomorrow for lunch and whatever in the afternoon. Don't know what we will find to do in the cold but I have already put hats and gloves in a bag for Harv. and I.
Tomorrow night is the Harry Potter night which is what they came for. Will let you know what they think of it. They fly back wed. noon.

6 comments:

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

That little match box and charm are lovely. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs, Pat

Linda said...

I love this...the blue and white is so pretty!

Maggi said...

It is amazing seeing all the different and beautiful things that are emerging from the matchboxes.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Thank you for the sweet comments...
your garden club lunch sounds like a lot of good food and fun.
(())

Erica said...

This is a beautiful box and gift!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

We were in a restaurant the other day that had a 'tree' made from boxes on their wall. I immediately thought of your matchboxes!