Friday, December 10, 2010

DECEMBER 10




We left the house about 11.30 today and didn't return until 5.30. We had about 6 different places to shop for various things and had lunch at our favorite Chinese food place in Altamont Springs. The fact that it has one of the largest Tuesday Morning stores I have ever seen right next door doesn't hurt. Went in and found a bunch of things to send to the kids for stocking stuffers. We just had supper (leftover Chinese) about 7.30 and I remembered that I hadn't even opened today's matchbox.

Angela Weimer was the creator of #10 and clever it is. It is covered in a pretty paper and then there is a very pretty poinsetta flower on the top. the present inside is the same poinsetta made into a pin to wear. Now I have a flower brooch, a hair pin with a flower and 2 pair dangling earrings. Sounds like the 12 days of Christmas. Now if somebody puts a bird in one of these boxes I will need to get a pear tree.

My pictures aren't the best becase it was dark and I had to use the flash.

3 comments:

Maggi said...

A very pretty box and brooch.

Linda said...

I haven't visited for awhile. Your last few matchboxes are lovely! And I just love the white decorative cone you are making!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Nice idea to coordinate the poinsettas like that - cute brooch to wear!