Sunday, July 21, 2013

2MORE SQUARES

I just finished sewing down the second of 2 more old linens squares.  I still have 4 more of the large side ones to finish.  I am going to have to lay off the piecing for awhile as I am having trouble with my upper back muscles and had a terrible back muscle spasm in the night on Friday night.  I am back using the muscle relaxants for a week or so to get it down.  I think it is all the bending over the counter trying to piece them that has done me in.  Sewing I am sitting at the right height so that should not be doing it.  I hate to stop at this stage but know I have to.  Must find something else to occupy my time.

Here are the 2 pics:
 
 
 

6 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

That is so wonderful, I love this, it is such a good idea and it will be gorgeous!!! Go rest your back! Because I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Carol

Debra Dixon said...

Really pretty! I certainly understand the neck issues. It's an occupational hazard!

Maggi said...

That is so pretty. Take care of your back and get well soon.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Look after yourself - a sore back is not fun I know. Your latest work is looking great!

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Love your work. Sadly I did not make it to the retreat either. Oh how I missed it too! I had a bout of shingles then.

Gina E. said...

Freda, the quilt top is looking great, but don't bust your boiler (or your back) working on it for long hours! I think most of us who spend a lot of time hunched over our sewing machines have back and/or neck problems. My osteopath told me he treats several other quilters for the same problems that I have!