Sunday, February 22, 2009







I am going to stop the old squares for awhile as they get boring after awhile. If you can see them in person they are so much nicer. The one interesting thing is she used only one stitch on the entire bunch. The triple arm featherstitch in gold. One or two of the blocks are not finished and I have been carrying in my purse a little bit of the thread cut from a tail end on the back and believe it or no I have not found the same color or weight.
One of these days I will get lucky or just have to go with something close.






I am going to show pictures of a redwork wallhanging I made for my daughter's sunroom probably 8-10 years ago. It was in an American Patchwork & Quilting mag and I had never done redwork before but I gave it a try. There is something nice and easy about redwork. You really don't have to think or make any decisions like in cq. I did the hand quilting on it myself. Mainly just outlining the triangles. Well now I have had a look at the pictures I posted I did hand quilt all through the squares. Don;t do much of that anymore.

Went to the Extravaganza flea market today. They only have it 3 times a year, Nov. Jan. & Feb. at Renningers in Mt. Dora. There are over a 1000 outside dealers and people come from as far as Georgia for it. Also a lot come up from the Miami area. I bought more orchids for in and out plus some ivy to play with. I had been thinking I would like a large cone shaped container to hang on the wall in the sunroom between the windows in the middle. I found one with 2 artificial bushes stuck in it and I thought well I will take it home and paint it and throw out the flowers. Well Hubby said that color doesn't look bad and he wouldn't paint it. Do you think he just doesn't want a job? Also the more I looked at the flowers they may come in handy some time. A bunch of pink/red peonies and a boston ivy. Right now it is sitting there with 2 pots of real ivy in it waiting for me to get the ladder and tools and put a nail up. I will take a picture once all these major decisions are made.

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I really like redwork, for the very reason you cite - that you don't have to think too much at least about colours. I'd love to do some, only in blue. Black would be interesting too.

Debra Dixon said...

Sometimes the brain just gets tired and likes a non-thinking project; although, all those triangles can be tedious! Good looking piece.