Thursday, February 19, 2009














Here are more pictures of the old quilt squares. Sorry that a couple arereal blurry.
I did trim the 3 panels that I showed in an earlier post and cut the sashings. I decided to go with pink as there was so much turquoise and gold in there that I thought it would overpower it. This is a very soft pink taffeta that believe it or not I picked up at WalMart for $1.00 a yard - 60" wide. I bought 3 yards not knowing what I would do with it. Now it will be used. Time will tell if it is the right choice.

My friend Barb from SC was visiting over the weekend and she looked at the blocks and thought the pink was good with it and I trust her judgement so off I go. Will post once I have it together. I think I will buy some white cording and dye it variegated turquoise if I can and put it around like an inner frame.

No comments: