Sunday, June 30, 2013

MORE KAREN

I finished my sampler piece by adding a piece of cotton lace to the top.  It had perfect little circles to add French knots to and I think just finished off this piece.  I am going to make a small pouch out of it.

I also pieced a cloth that I am following along in Karen's steps with.  I could not find the silver metallic cilk cloth that Karen has used so bought some silk fabric in a slight off white fabric to substitute.  So far I have done a row of feather stitch to join a seam at the top and a row of web stitches along another seam.  On the eyelet piece that ws probably cut froma child's christening gown I did 3 rows of buttonhole lace over 3 of the pin tucks and left a couple as is.  Also did lots of French knots on the embroidered part of the same piece.  More seams to go then filling in the cloth.  Karen is making hers for her daughter's gift pouch.  Who knows where mind may end up.



  1.  

4 comments:

Suztats said...

Looking good, Freda! Isn't it wonderful getting lost in the stitches on a white cloth?

Mosaic Magpie said...

You have me wanting to dig out my white fabrics!!!
Deb

Maggi said...

This is gorgeous Freda, you have some very pretty pieces in there and beautiful stitching.

Debra Dixon said...

So pretty! You stitch in this genre like a Master!