Monday, June 10, 2013

GARDEN SALE

Before I left Mt. Dora for Chicago I saw they were having a Garden Sale at Renningers Flea Market.  This is my flea market where I go every weekend.  Just about a mile or so from our place.  I had never seen a garden party advertised before and was curious.  I was so pleased that I did go.  I found all these wonderful gals with their garden items, antiques and wonderful handmade pieces.  I ended up buying a lot of things.  Apparently this was the second year for it.  Last year it was held in June but I was gone by then.  One gal told me they decided to have it earlier before too many had gone north and also before the heat arrived.  I bought both garden and non garden items.  One gal even had the new Jeanne D'Arc Living magazine in her booth. 



I fell for these twin topiaries in an old silver holder and they are living on my kitchen island now.
I believe it is called queens fern.

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I've never seen a double topiary before - so pretty! I like the addition of the greenery around the bottom too.

Maggi said...

Love the double topiary and I'm glad you were able to catch this year's event.

Mosaic Magpie said...

I love ferns like these...hard for me to keep them alive though. The double topiary is really neat! I am getting caught up on my blog reading!
xo,
Deb