Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WHY I WAS BUSY IN DECEMBER

In December I was busy making some gifts.  I was reading and seeing so much about
the 12 Days of Christmas advent calenders on various blogs that I decided to make one for my daughter.

She was lucky enough last April to visit Paris for a girls long weekend with friends and was enamoured with all things French. I decided to make her an advent calender with 12 tags that had to do with Paris.  I went to JoAnnes to buy fabric and make a board for them when I saw one called a French Market memo board.  I bought it and proceeded to make the 12 tags.

I sent them to her in envelopes each marked Day 1 thru 12. She opened one every day and put it on her board.  Below are the tags I made and the board I bought.  I had her send me a pic ture of the completed board this week.  I enjoyed making them and she enjoyed the fun of opening one every day for the 12 days.  Here are some pics.



1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

It was a French Christmas this year! One of my friends made a Paris themed quilt for her granddaughter and I helped embroider the Eiffel Tower for her.

I bet your daughter loves her board--great work!