Friday, February 5, 2010

VALENTINE GIFT




Harv usually goes out to pick up the mail. The boxes are right in the circle to the side of our house so he holds court out there when people come to the mailbox. He knows more people on our end of the street then I do. He keeps coming in with packages and they are all for me. He chided me that I was the one that was not interested in learning the computer and look at me now. He said "you would never have met all these wonderful friends you have made from all over the world" and he is right.
This is now the gal who was going crazy because I could not get on line for a few days. My how times change and I do want to tell you all sincerely how much I enjoy your friendships and look forward to you reading my blog and for me reading all of yours. It has brought a whole new element into my life. I usually do my reading first thing in the morning before I get dressed and start my day and then after supper - like now - before I sit to either watch tv or read a good book.

I started this to tell you I received a valentine package from my friend Pam Kellogg of Kitty and me Designs. She sent me a valentine bag with 4 delicious cookie bars in it and they arrived in good shape. She also sent me one of her little bird nests with a darling bird sitting on it. It was again wrapped beautifully. You really hate to open her packages. This was very sweet of her and I would like to show them to you.
Needless to say the four cookies were gone that evening - I did share. I love shortbread and Harv loves anything made with candied cherries so we were both happy. Thank you again Pam.

I should also thank my 2 children who read this blog. My daughter Susan and my son David who lives in Minneapolis. This is how he keeps track of what is happening in our lives whether in Chicago or Florida. We do talk also at least once a week and he is our go to guy when we need computer help. With Susan we just chatter away about kids, thrift shops, etc. I don't think my son Mike ever reads this. He probably gets enough of me on the phone.

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Lucky you to get something so pretty (and yummy!) in the mail. Also glad to hear you shared with Harv after the reports of the poor man starving yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Thank you FredaB,Fabulous gift creations indeed.Wish you a joyful Valentine's day ahead.

Cheers!!!
More Valentine Gift Ideas!|Hot Deals,Learn More!