Monday, February 8, 2010

Rick Rack Flowers



Just a quick post to show you an apron I bought at the flea market a couple of weeks ago. the only reason I bought it was I took a second look and discovered all the flowers were not embroidered but made with rick rack. We have had some conversations on CQ Embellishers about how to make them.

The apron only cost 2.50 and I washed it up and pressed it. It was made with a very good quality organdy and ironed up very well without even spray starch. I put it on and had Harv take a couple of pics of it. Just dawned on me that I should have taken a closeup of a couple of the flowers. Next time I have the camera out I will do that and post them.

This was home made and I assume the sewer was left handed hence the pocket being on the left side. Being right handed it felt funny to put my left hand in the pocket.

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Those flowers look really interesting. Now I'm on a quest to figure out how to make them...they'd be pretty on a CQ piece I think.

Queen Bee's Musings said...

What a great find! Don't you love finding those treasures?

Debra Dixon said...

That fleamarket is a good source of amusement for you! Keeps you out of the bars.

Gina E. said...

Gorgeous apron, Freda!