Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I saw this book at JoAnnes last week and immediately grabbed it. It was one of those books that you look at for a moment and get so excited. I thought this might nudge me back into a creative moment or two - lets hope.

The 2 authors are from South Africa I believe. They are Lesley Turpin-Delport and Nikki Delport-Wepener who I assume is her daughter. Of course you know what happens to people who assume. It is absolutely filled with small projects that would work wonderful on cq and silk ribbon embroidery. Birds, butterflies, animals, flowers, etc. The book puts me in mind of Di van Niekirks type of work. Now the more I look maybe I can start on one of these.

There is even a beatiful owl and a pair of owls shown here for my owl loving friend Cathy K from www.cathyscrazybydesign.blogspot.com. She just finished making a basketful of cute stuffed owls for her market sale at the farm where she works part time. Cathy you would love this book.

Great one for anyone's Christmas list. Too bad I couldn't have waited for Santa.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Wow, I'm going to have to look for that book, Freda! Leslie Turpin-Delport is someone I've admired for years. It's hard to get most of her old book because they are out of print (and therefore uncommon and pricey). This new one sounds delightful! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! Hugs, Cathy