Thursday, November 12, 2009





Here I am back again and hopefully our life will settle down to a normal routine again and I can get some stitching done and some blogging as well. We had the re-union and all went well except Harv picked up some kind of virus (not HINI) as they tested him for that. He was one sick puppy with a fever the day we went to the doctors that was 101 arond 1 pm and at 2.45 it was 104. His normal is around 97 so that was really extreme. He put him on a very strong antibiotic called Cipro for 15 days and he just finished the last one yesterday. It took over a week and almost 2 until I could tell he was really feeling like his old self. We both had the regular flu shot before we came down here so we have no idea and neither does the Dr. as to what it was.

I was also involved with our Garden Club's 60th. anniversery tea and offered to decorate one of the tables (3 in our circle) which meant the whole ball of wax. China, silver, flower arrangement and all the goodies. I offered last spring thinking November would be easy. Well it might have been but with all the other stuff going on it wasn't. It did get done with a little help from my friends, had a great time and when I get some pics will post them. Can you believe I went to all that work then forget to take the camera. Will get some from other members.

Back in Oct. I sent in money for breast cancer to Monica Magness who started the pink artist project. The main winner would have won an extremely beautiful, though artsy type, quilt. Not your usual grandmother's quilt. Certainly a one of its own kind. Well I did not win that but many artists contributed their work and there were 60 other prizes. I actually won 2 of them and I have the pics to show you. The Josephine collage painting was done by an artist named Lulu Moon who comes from the Pcific Northwest. The other was a sewing bag when opened included a beautiful little beaded doll attached to a pair of scissors. This was made by a fabulous beader named Cynthia Bicker also from the Pacific Northwest. I was very lucky and did not expect to win even one prize never mind two. If they repeat this next year I must get involved and make something to donate. Hope you enjoy the pics.

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm sorry to hear Harv was sick, but really glad to know he's better now. That must have been really scary for both of you.

Tia said...

What special prizes you won! The little goddess doll intrigues me...