Thursday, September 3, 2009




I am making a purse as my donation to our Questers auction in November. I made one last year and apparently it was a hit and I have been asked if I am making another one this year. I ordered one of Pat Winters packages with the gypsy girl motif, 2 beautiful ribbons and a package of beads, sequins, etc. Well when the mail arrived it was a fairly thick package and I wondered what it could be. well open it dummy and find out insead of feeling it. How often do we do this - I know I do. Well Pat not only sent the one I had ordered but another one and wrapped in very pretty pansy tissue paper was a beautiful little change purse with a key ring attached. A few years back I had ordered a purse from Pat for my daughter's birthday but when It arrived I did not want to give it up as it was so lovely. I contacted Pat and she said yes she would make another similar one for me. I keep mine in Florida for lunches, etc. and that way Sue and I never clash with the same purse. Well Pat had made this change purse with colors, etc. to match the purse she had sent me. It was a wonderful gift and I thank her here again. She is such a generous person.

I am posting a picture of it here and also a picture of a pincushion
that my daughter-in-law Jeana gave me for a gift a couple of years back. It also is so pretty I don't use it but having it sitting on a dresser in my spare bedroom with the white bed and the blue & white quilt. I made the quilt and had the Amish near our cottage do the quilting. It is very closely quilted as I wanted it to remind me of an old blue & white. I did make the pillow shams and quilted them myself. Will take some pics and post them later.

Well here we go again with another one sideways. At least the first 2 are okay. I guess 2 out of 3 are better then 2 out of 4 like the other day.

2 comments:

Ruby said...

These are very pretty. I have neck purse with a dachshund that Pat made. She is a 'real good girl'. :)

I have some old ice cream sherbet dishes, I have often wondered if they make a good foundation/stand for a pincushion. Yours is gorgeous.

allie aller said...

Pat is indeed a generous soul! What a lovely and thoughtful gift...

Very, very sorry to read of all your losses, Freda. This life is hard sometimes....