Thursday, July 2, 2009





The day my daughter and I went to the book signing we stopped on the way home at a couple of antique and upscale resale shops in Barrington IL. Right outside the door in a flower stand was this large birdcage. I aleady have 2 regular ones, each different in style. One in the family room in a dark green with a pagoda style top and a white one upstairs in a guest bedroom with a flat roof that I decorated with flowers and ribbon. Well when I saw this one I knew I liked it and so did my daughter. We went into the store and she had just opened 6 weeks ago and had such an eclectic collection of things. Part pricey boutique, part resale items and jewellery and reasonable priced little skirts made out of ties that some local high school girls are making. My daughter bought a great dress that fit her perfectly and I of course bought the bird cage. Well I came home and put it in the garage for a couple of days and then I thought well why not on the fireplace ledge which is quite deep. It has feet so stands alone or could hang. It is about 2 feet high and I really thought of my sunroom in Florida. I took out a basket of logs to the garage and brought in the birdcage. Well it has been there one week now and my husband has sat in front of it everynight to watch tv and has never noticed it. I am just going to see if he ever sees it. It is in good shape except the bottom shelf needs re-painting. The label from the company that made it is on the front. I paid $35.00 for it and considered that a bargain. Cage only did not include the stand that was actually for a hanging basket.

My daughter had her cq purse that I made her a couple of years ago and she tried to talk me into making some for her shop. She said she could sell them in 1 day. She even said I will trade the birdcage for one. People just have no idea how long they take. I paid for the birdcage.

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think you got a good deal on your birdcage and I agree that I wouldn't have 'traded' a cq purse for it! Isn't it a hoot how men don't notice things (unless, of course, you happen to move one of their tools!)

Susan Elliott said...

smart decision. I would have paid too and it is a LOVELY bird cage! I love the little tag on it...