Tuesday, December 16, 2008


Hello from snowy Chicago. Harv and I had our 6 month dental appts. this afternoon and they were calling for a snow storm coming in later this afternoon so I thought we would be finished and home before it hit. Well think again. In the morning we had a call from their office informing us that our dentist had had a fall on the ice and was injured. Did we still want to come for the cleaning? We said yes and off we went. I went first then looked out the window and the van was covered. It was snowing heavy. JoAnnes fabrics is in the parking lot next door so I ran over there while Harv was being done. In a half an hour I could hardly drive back for the visibility was so bad. Couldn't leave the man so made it back but was sure glad he was driving home. Went about 10-15 miles per hour and it was hair raising. This snow was just covering the ice storm of the other day so was treacherous. Traffic reports coming in at rush hour are 3-4 hour commutes from downtown to the outer suburbs. Horrible. When we got home Harv snapped a picture of our neighbour's house across the street. Actually looks very pretty with the snow from inside our warm house with a hot cup of tea in my hand.

I intend to stay home the next couple of days and work on my butterfly quilt squares. Drawing them up on the muslin. Cheers.

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I hate snow and ice...stay safe!!

Robin said...

Nice photo... Looks very pretty, doesn't it... We're in the same situation with treacherously icey roads and 4-6 inches of snow expected tonight. I'm already stir-crazy from being home-bound for 4 days. Looks like it'll be after Christmas before I get into town. Hope your roads improve sooner than that. By the way, I recognize you from your picture! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

allie aller said...

It looks very Christmasy, Freda!
Now you just relax and stitch on those beautiful butterflies and let Old Man Winter do what he will...

Willa said...

I always felt cosy inside with my tea or hot chocolate when it was snowing outside. Of course I am from Florida so I don't have the lifelong hatred of snow like some people( the ones that move to Florida). I love your punchneedle cuties! I look forward to seeing you back in Florida!