Tuesday, March 4, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIE

You will enjoy this one Kim (family).

My one and only grandaughter had her 19th birthday Feb. 20.  If you remember I made her a journal of pictures from when she was little and used to come visit and spend weekends.  We used to read a lot and her favorite books were written by an author named Kevin Henkes.  Well this year I happened to see an ad for his books in the book section of the paper and it took me back quite a few years.

I went on line and ordered quite a few of her favorites from our library system and when they arrived I thought I would make her a card with photos and words from some of her favorites.  Her all time favorite was Lily and her Purple Plastic Purse given to Lily by her grandmother and filled with shiny bright quarters.

Here is the accordian type card I made for her.











6 comments:

Createology said...

You are the sweetest and most thoughtful Grandma to your Jennie. This card is priceless. Happy Birthday Bliss...

Gina E. said...

How clever you are! Did she like it?

Maggi said...

What a really thoughtful idea Freda. Very special and I'm sure that she loved it.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What a wonderful special card - I know Jennie is absolutely thrilled with it and it will be one she will keep forever. You're a really nice grandmother!

Anonymous said...

Freda, the card is so sweet and personal, our oldest grandson had many books at our house we had to read when he stayed, what a wonderful memory for your GD, I would love to try it also. I want to thank you for your sweet comment about my good luck to have met Rita Meade in AZ. I was at a Vintage show and she was teaching there, she saw my things and asked if she could put them in their show, which she did and what a dream it was. Your kind words of praise are so appreciated, can only come from a sweet cq gal. Thanks, Jan

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh Freda
What a sweet grandma you are to Jennie - she will treasure this forever.
Such fond memories of stories from her childhood!