Sunday, January 22, 2012

WEEK TWO AND A HALF






I have never enjoyed anything as much as I am now enjoying Karen Ruane's class on contemporary embroidery. Her videos are very good and directions very clear plus you get the delightful English accent that reminds me of growing up in Toronto with all my English relatives - Mom included.

I have worked on it a little more and after tonight I am going to damp stretch it as Karen advises. I have to buy a small cork board. She uses a cork bathmat but WalMart did not have any either did Bed, B & B. A small cork board will do the trick I think.

Just a few pictures so you can see the progress. I did decide to not go all white but to add cream, blue and possibly pink to my squares. I have so much antique stuff I would be crazy not to include it. See what you think up to now. I am so happy to be using my hankie collection. I should have added that both the hankie and the tatting circle are just sitting on there. I had not sewn down the tatting and the hankieI will sew down as the very last thing done on here to keep it looking nice and crisp.

I had a really big day at the flea market yesterday and will post pics in the next couple of days.

4 comments:

Shane Pollard said...

This takes my breath away - so beautiful Freda.

This class was made for you and all your lovely stash!

Shane

Maggi said...

This is so lovely and I really like the addition of the blue and cream as they sit so well together.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks great Freda! I'm so happy you're playing along with me. Hankies don't really do us much good when they're sitting in a drawer - at least this way they're enjoying a second life.

Mosaic Magpie said...

I really like how you have added the small bits of color. It adds so much interest.
I am looking forward to seeing what you found at the flea market.
I visited our local antique malls looking for hankies and napkins yesterday.
Deb