Sunday, November 27, 2011

BUSY BEE






I can't believe it has been over 3 weeks since I last blogged. Life has been pretty hectic around here but all by my own making. I entered a Christmas swap where you swap with 3 other women and you make 3 different Christmas ornaments or items for each. I also signed up for a Secret Santa with one gal and you just fill a box with items you think she would like from the info you are given with a $20.00
limit. It can all be spent on one item or a bunch of smaller gifts - which is what I have done.

I cannot show you the swap items until I have sent them but they are being mailed tomorrow or Tues. and then next week I can show them.

I have also been looking for small bits and pieces for the kids and grandkids. At this point we are usually sending money for the parents to either buy what the kids want or to put the money towards a larger priced item they want like IPods, etc. but I still like to send a box of small items up to each family just from Mom. I do enjoy doing this but it takes a little time.

Our weather down here in Florida has been beautiful. Mainly high 70's - low 80's. I know that will not continue all through our stay but Nov. is certainly one of the nicest months all winter. We are staying down for Christmas again and I am having our usual open house potluck dinner for anyone who is not leaving or having family. So far there are 8 of us but a lot of folks I haven't talked to yet. I started decorating yesterday and have the living room area done but will do the sun room today.

Last weekend was the Renninger's Antique Extravaganza weekend. They have 3 a year. Nov. Jan. and Feb. It is the only time you pay to get in and then only at the antique end where you get hundreds of dealers. I did not go to that end but just to the flea market end which also attracts many dealers you would not normally see. I manage to buy enough stuff at this end that I don't feel I need to go to the other. I am scared of what I would see and want to buy at the other and have no will power when I see something I really like. I will post some pics of what I found.

I am starting a new venture tomorrow afternoon. I am going to learn how to play Mah Jong with a few neighbour ladies. 2 play already and they are going to try and teach a few more of us. I said I would play for 3 weeks or so and that should give me an idea if I like it or not. I don't play bridge so other then bunco which I sub for occasionally this is a game they say they have fun at. We will see. Will let you know how I make out.

5 comments:

Createology said...

My my you have been a busy bee. Love that lace collar with the pearls. So feminine. How fun to learn Mah Jong...I have never played. Jingle Bell Joys...

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You found more lovelies at the flea market. I can understand why you like going so much. I play Mah Jong on the computer but haven't played it for real. I think it would be a great game when you play it with others.

Maggi said...

Stunning pieces of lace.

Coloradolady said...

Just a reminder, deadline for shipping your sss package is the 10th, and please email me the delivery confirmation number!!! Have a great week!

Gina E. said...

Don't ever get a job in an opshop (thrift shop to you)if you can't resist temptations! Fortunately for me, our opshop rarely receives donations of fabric and laces, so I'm not accumulating a lot of that!
My mother-in-law used to play Mah Jong, and was going to teach me, but sadly, we never got around to it.