Wednesday, June 9, 2010

More Needlepoint



I have a couple more pics of needlepoint pillows that I have done over the years. They live in my living room in a pair of wing back chairs.

The round one is one of the first ones I ever did and it was a kit that was offered thru one of the magazines and was a long time ago. It was a copy of a plate from a dinnerware set used in the White House. I believe every occupant has their own choice of what dinnerware they will use so I don't even know what Preidency this was from. Probably 35-40 years ago.

The second one is a typical British pug dog that was fun to do. Talking about pillows reminds me that I did another one and I just went upstairs and found it in the dresser in my spare room. It is a picture of the Union Jack on a flag pole blowing in the breeze with a cloudy sky in the background. It also says Great Britain below the flag. The border around it is made up of crowns. I think I will put it in a bag in the car and start looking for a great fringe for it. Hobby Lobby usually has a lot and Calico Corners is another possible. I think the backing should be royal blue velveteen as shown in the flag colors.

I wonder how long it will take to find a fringe and actually finish this. Don't hold me to a time frame. It has lain in the drawer for many moons already.

1 comment:

allie aller said...

I love your needlepoint, Freda...makes me want to try it again myself. But a very small one...that I can sew onto a crazy quilt!
Thanks for showing us these.