Wednesday, January 6, 2010




I haven't been to the flea market for a few weeks due to christmas plus the cold weather. I cannot imagine vendors standing out there for 6-7 hours in the 40's or 50's. The last flea market I was at is the Thurs. morning one where I go to buy mainly fruits and vegetables and of course to look around. Well this day there was a young mother with a girl about 11 or 12 and I assume they had gone through their belongings and were just trying to get rid of things they didn't want. They had a pile of books so I stopped to have a look and a sign said 25 cents each. There was even a bible there. I picked up this journal and it was brand new. Probably a gift and never used. I asked is this only 25 and she said yes so I bought it.

It is very pretty and has 3 sections inside with photo inserts and an envelope in the front cover. I have been wanting to play around and gussy something up so I will try it with this one day. Would be a shame to spoil it. I took a pic of the front cover, the inside cover and the overpage. Will show it again when I do something with it.

5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks like you lucked out with your purchase! It's pretty as it is, but also has good 'bones' to alter. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Debra Dixon said...

That's the kind of thing I would buy with the intention of adding to it & then when the day came, I would decide it is fine the way it is--maybe you can do better at that than me!

Gina E. said...

That was a bargain, Freda! I'm sure you'll put it to good use, displaying photos of your family.

Maggi said...

A very lucky find and I am sure that you will make good use of it.

Gerry said...

Hello Freda, my gosh it's been so long since I came to visit - sorry!

You have my sympathies with that weather. It's cold here but I think you have us beat. LOL.

Your books are lovely and I envy you with your flea markets. We just really don't have those to speak of. And since 'shabby' is in, those special buys are hard to find around.

Well, I'm off to spend some time reading your blog. Tootles!