I cleaned off my sewing table of all the christmas items, paper, etc. and got out the butterfly quilt pieces. I found I had a large piece of black fabric in the cupboard and after swiftering the tile floor in front of the door I laid out the black and then very roughly laid out the blocks their order. The main problem in viewing it is that I allowed very large seams - like 1 1/2 to 2" -
as I am tired of edges fraying, etc. so made darn sure I would have enough fabric around to square them all up when done. It looks so much larger then it will be when you consider all those extra seams. There is only 1 block completely finished, a couple almost and the rest have at least something done on them. Here are the pics I took and I will update you as I finish each block. I still haven't decided how to do my butterfly in the middle but I guess that won't be needed for awhile. I measured the center and it is 19 1/2" so it will be a large butterfly. I may try making the fabric for it on my embellisher when I go home. I did not bring it down this year. I made a 10" cutout frame to better visualize what the actual block will look like without the margins.
My usual is I spend more time just staring at the block trying to figure what to do then actually doing something. I am going to try to change that and just jump in and will tear out if I am too unhappy with something.
In one of the blocks you can see some of the pretty Oya edging I purchased from our good friend Rengen from Turkey. I have taken a closeup also so you can see it better. I have a bag of the oya flowers but the edgings are also beautiful. I sat and sewed another one on a circular piece last night and you will see that eventually.
Wish me luck and see if I can't shake off this funk I have been in as far as sewing goes.