Monday, January 31, 2011
Well the middle of the block with the fairy is now completed. Good, bad or whatever I am so glad to get it done and the triangles sewn on. I followed the advice of you gals and removed all the beads from the wings and then just let them stand on their own. I added a pretty cabochon at the top for some glow above the fairy. I took out some of the silk ribbon leaves that I felt were too dark and replaced them with a lighter med. green. I added more glass leaves of various colors and more silk ribbon.
I outlined her picture with tatting and then used a fine black velvet cord to set it off. The tatting was a little heavier then I would have used if I had been home where my tatting stash resides. I just couldn't wait until I got home or I would never get it done in the summer. The question now is what do I use to outline the triangle squares against the black fabric. Some type of cording is what I am thinking. I do not have a great choice around me here and probably have a bunch of different things at home that would work. It will be hand tacked down so could be added later. I will now start on cutting the sashing pieces and attaching the other 12 blocks. If I get the top completely put together here I will be happy.
I just noticed that the 2 bottom triangles each have a bare black square in them. I can't remember what I was putting in there but when I get it all put together I have a bag of goodies that I will be adding at that time to all the quilt squares where needed.