Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bits and Pieces Day


Not much doing around here today. Yesterday Harv went for his 1st day of review classes for his IRS/AARP volunteer tax duties at our local library. When he was there they presented him with his 10 year volunteer pin. Time flies when you are having fun. He had to go back this morning but was finished by noon. They have to review all the new laws every year and especially for 2010 with all the foreclosure type stuff and medical changes. He works 2 days a week and has a following. Apparently people come back year after year and ask for him but it doesn't work that way. They have to make appts. and whoever is available when their turn comes that is who they get. I am proud of my guy.

I was meandering through blogs and someone had pointed out a chandelier and I went to have a look. For $54,396.00 you too can order one of these. It consists of 30 hanging pendants of various hand blown glass. It looked beautiful but you would need a very large room for it. MaryAnne and my other Canadian friends will be happy to hear that they deliver to Canada. Go here to have a look: http://www.lightingdirect.com/fine-art-717340-transitional-thirty-light-pendant-from-the-scheherazade-collection/p410686?source=spg_410686&aid=138668848 if you would like to see it. You will need to copy and paste if interested. That price was more then our first home in Toronto many years ago.

I am still knitting at night but have started on the middle piece of my wall hanging. I will take a pic tomorrow and see what we think. I am not too excited about it but have run out of ideas. Maybe I "need a little help from my friends".

The pic today is from when I first started looking at it. Tomorrow you will see what I have done.

4 comments:

NickiLee said...

Oh Freda, I love your wallhanging! You know me and mermaids - that one will be beautiful to work up and I'm sure you will do a fabulous job. Great color combination too!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I think I'll pass on that chandelier, Freda! ;-)
Hugs, Diane

Debra Dixon said...

I do hope this means the lavendar piece is back. It is so lovely and I have enjoyed what you have done so far.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hah - there's no way I would want that chandelier - can you IMAGINE having to dust it???? Yikes!! Altho' I guess if you could afford a light like that, you could also afford a maid to clean it.