Saturday, May 30, 2009


Hopefully this is the last I will post about the deck. You must be pretty tired of it about now. I know I sure am. I finished putting the stain on this afternoon. Took about 4 hours but I am happy with it. Just hoping it will not rain for the next day. They are calling for occasional showers but a thunderstorm tomorrow night. Hopefully it will be dry by then.


I am posting a picture of the puzzle pieces I made for Pat winter's puzzle swap. I made the fabric on the embellisher and used felt as the bottom then added various fabrics in the same color and netting to match. I added 2 shades of angelina fibres - gold and a peach color for the glitz. I embellished the ribbon roses also. I put either beads or a charm on each one. I had a bit of a time doing the blanket stitch around it all. I used steam a seam 2 to add the background fabric to the embellished fabric. I almost did not put any fabric on because the back was as pretty as the front but the rules were to have a fabric backing so I did. Hope whoever gets one likes it. I also have a pic of the one I am trading with Pat but will not show that until Pat has received the package and sees hers,

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm glad to hear your deck is finally finished. Love your puzzle pieces...the glitter really showed when I enlarged the picture.

Maggi said...

The puzzle pieces look really good, very glitzy.

Cathy said...

I love your puzzle pieces and hope to possibly get one in the swap!! Must work with my Embellisher more!! So glad your deck work appears to be over. Do you have to do that every year, or just every 2-3 years?? It makes me tired just reading about it! Can't wait to see your pictures. Hugs, Cathy