Friday, April 2, 2010

BLOG FRIENDS




One of the greatest things that has come my way with the computer is blogging and all the wonderful friends I have made thru both blogging myself and reading other's blogs. I started out with 1 bulletin board in my spare bedroom that I use as a sewing room. Soon that board was filled with notes, cards, tags, pictures,etc. that I received thru swaps and just friendship gifts. Well when that was filled I went to WalMart and bought 2 more which went on the wall near the window. Up went the 2 boards and up even higher went the small wallhanging I won in Omaha last summer. This bedroom is done in yellow and blue and this just fit in here perfect. Thank goodness for 9'4" ceilings or this wouldn't have worked. Well time has gone on and now the 3 boards are completely filled. A few of the items are things I have bought mainly from Lilla in Hawaii. I love her work and her woman banner that hangs on the bottom is the same one I hung at the bottom of the birdcage at Christmas. Here is also a beautiful needlecase from her that I will use as a gift one day but for now I am enjoying it. Her etsy shop is on her blog- www.justlilla.blogspot.com. Take a look as she has some wonderful stuff. She is also very generous in sharing torials on how to make some of her things. Today she has one on how to decorate a clipboard. From boring to beautiful.

I snapped a couple of pictures and if you look close you might find something of yourself on my board. You all know who you are who have sent tags and things. I should have added that the pic on the 1st board is of Willa, Allie A and myself. Allie was in town with her hubby and Willa picked her up and they came out and spent a great day with me.

5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

This is a great way to display special things! I have a little clothesline on two walls of my studio and a shelf on another and that's where I put my treasures I receive. It's great inspiration to look at them every day.

Gina E. said...

Hi Freda,
I too have made many friends since creating my first blog, and I still get a kick when a new reader leaves a comment telling me she enjoys my blog(s)! I have not had the pleasure of swapping anything with you, but I hope we can do something in the future to add to our respective collections :-)
Your post about having skin cancers removed as a consequence of too much sun exposure in your youth sounds so familiar. I have been very lucky so far, in that I have not found any nasties on my body, as I was very fair-skinned in my youth and spent a lot of time playing in the sun with my friends. I guess the only good thing that came of that is that we absorbed lots of Vitamin D and developed health bones!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Freda, thanks so much for the Easter lovelies you sent to me!! How sweet!! And guess what?? you won my giveaway of a shadow box kit.

gocrazywithme said...

Hi Freda,
You asked about the butterfly. What I did was cut out two butterfly motifs from a butterfly print fabric. It's easiest if they're life size, and they have to be pretty symmetrical. Fit the two motifs together right sides facing, and stitch around the outer edge, leaving an opening to turn it right sides out. Stitch the opening closed and press.

To attach it to the block, I pin the butterfly down and stitching through it, make a body out of bullion stitches. If you alternate colors, you can make it striped, which looks fairly realistic. The eyes are beads, and of course it needs antannae and legs. If you pin the wings together in the up position for awhile, when you unpin them, they're stay up a little.
Hope that's clear enough. If not, email me and I'll try to clarify. I've done it quite a few times now, so I may not be thinking of everything.

allie aller said...

Ah Freda, that was such a fun day we had together, you and me and Willa!
What lovely treasures you have on display, rich with the joy of friendship....