Sunday, April 11, 2010






Yesterday I had a delightful day with crazy quilting friends. Joyce Boudreau from Nova Scotia was at The Villages which is about an hour north of us. She emailed to say time was running out as they are leaving for Nova Scotia on Apr. 16th and if we were to get together it had better be soon. She came down to Mt. Dora with another gal from NS and Carol from Claremont joined us also. We had lunch at a nice restaurant and then did some browsing and visited the Women for Hospice thrift store where we all found some little things.
As Joyce put it "a double good thing as we get the bargain and Hospice gets the money for their good works".

We ended up departing each to go our own way home. I had about 10 minutes drive but the other 3 had an hour's drive. It was such a pleasure to see them and God willing we will meet again next winter.

I have been wanting to make a fancy type journal and was going to sign up for a class but when Lilla returned from her vacation she had a really nice one in her etsy shop and it was very reasonable as most of Lilla's things are. Now if I still want to make one and I think I do I will have this to refer to. I bought one earlier from Hands For Haiti when various artists donated an item and all the profits went to Haiti. I did show it earlier but it is more a journal for me to write in or jot down ideas. With my memory these days that is not a bad idea.

When Lillas arrived I opened the parcel and found she had made a bag for the journal to be kept in which I thought was very thoughtful of her. I took a few pics you can see above.

If you notice in the last pic she even made a sequin button. How neat.

3 comments:

Maggi said...

A gorgeous journal and the bag is just the finishing touch.

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Love that beautiful journal. And that was a nice idea to make a bag for the journal. So many pretty pages.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Pat

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Pretty journal and what a great idea to include a carrier bag with it! And isn't it fun to actually meet blogging friends in person...lucky you.