Tuesday, February 23, 2010


Packed up the pillowcases and went to the post office this morning and mailed them on their way. I also mailed a small box to Deb spincic who has been organizing our end of this project. She is putting together a beautiful vintage 50's basket including a quilted tablecover with napkins that she has made. I sent a tin of Hedley's English Breakfast Tea along with a beautiful english tea cup and saucer to go in the box. I also included the organdy apron with the rickrack flowers that I showed pics of a few weeks back. I knew I would never wear it but was intrigued by the flowers. I thought this was a good item for the 50's basket because this apron would have come from this era. Better then languishing in a drawer at my house. When someone sends pillowcases their name will go in the drawing. All details to come next week.

Still beading the four corners of my quilt while watching the Olympics. I would not have thought coming up with ideas for beading would be so hard. I also included sequins so I could mke some sequin flowers that Jo in NZ taught us. Not a piece of thread on the triangles except for beading thread which you do not see.

I don't know if I mentioned about ordering beads from a place called Artbeads.com that charge no shipping. I just received another order today and I really like their beads and their fast service. Last week it was also free shipping to Canada then today I found out that normally it is only $1.00 to ship to Canada. Give them a try gals.

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That's a pretty cup & saucer...sure do hope it makes the journey safely!

Debra Dixon said...

I hope I win the basket with that teacup! *wink*