Wednesday, February 10, 2010

1st corner finished





With Harv off volunteering with taxes at the library on Tues. afternoon and all day Wed. I spent a quiet afternoon yesterday sitting and beading. I don't usually sit and sew much in the daytime. I usually do it at night while listening to tv and glancing up for important parts. Last night after beading all day I finished the first corner. It doesn't look like much time but it does take time. I will start on the 2nd. one tonight.

For my friend Pam Kellogg the robins are coming. Harv called me the other day and said look at the birds on the back lawn. There were hundreds of robins. I don't remember ever seeing a whole flock of them like this. They must be migrating north and used our yard and pond for a days rest. Harv said some of them were having a bath in the pond. Next day they were gone. Usually you just see one or two at a time so it was quite a sight. Spring is coming Pam.

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Lovely Freda! You're right, beading does take considerable time, but how pretty it looks, so as far as I'm concerned it is totally worthwhile.

Debra Dixon said...

Just beautiful!

Susan Elliott said...

I am thinking about you today Freda because I'm down here in Florida to escape the snow and visit with my father in Naples. It's cold and rainy...I don't think it's going to even get into the 70s this weekend!

I really liked how you clustered the flower beads in the top (?) of the block to look like globe allium or something like that...Also, the "x" seam treatment wooed me too! Be well, Susan

Cheryl said...

Beautiful corner Freda. I love beading and find it one of the most relaxing parts of CQ.