Friday, November 2, 2012





I made this bonnet for our Godey Questers annual auction held each year in Nov.  The money made goes toward our programs and field trips over the year.  We also make large contributions to the Arlington Hts. Historical Museum for various projects.

I used to do a lot of heirloom sewing and smocking when my grandaughter was young then gradually got away from doing it when I went into Crazy Quilting.  Two of the ladies in our group are new Grandmas of a baby girl so I thought this would be a good item.  I also found a 100% wool red, white and black plaid blanket to auction.  The last time I found one of these it went for over $100.00 so will be curious as to what this one will go for.  A lot of the gals have cottages in WI or MI so they are a good cottage item.

We are leaving in the morning for Florida for the winter.  The van is packed and only last minute items to do tonight.  Will see you sometime next week.

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Be safe!

Gina E. said...

Smocking is so pretty. You don't see it much these days, but when I was a child, many of my dresses had smocking across the front, and I always loved those dresses the best! Hope your trip is safe, have a great winter.

Maggi said...

What beautiful work. Hope you had a safe trip.