Thursday, November 22, 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING & OTHER BITS

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends & family. We are celebrating here today with my son David and his wife Kim who arrived last Sunday from Minneapolis.  The weather has been high 60's - low 70's even though all last week they called for mid to high 70's all week.  They are leaving tomorrow and the high for Minn. is only 28 Friday so this to them has seemed very good.  they have been taking long walks and went to downtown Mt. Dora yesterday to stroll the stores.

Monday we all went to see the Movie Lincoln.  It was very good even though it was 2 1/2 hours long.
It went by very fast and did not seem to be that long.  My only thought was I wish we had seen more of Sally Field in it.  Daniel Day Lewis was exceptional as usual.  No one else could have played the part as he did.  You felt as if you were actually watching Lincoln.  I highly recommend it.  We very rarely go to the movies but this was a winner.

 
The bit today is my friend I almost stepped on in the front garden bed of the house.  Luckily I happened to look down and saw him before my foot landed on him.  I ran and got the camera as I like to know what kind of snake it is  as there are 3-4 poisonous snakes in Florida.  this Harv looked up and was just a garden snake - but a good size one.  I did find a solution for me in the garden which I will take a picture of and show you next time.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Seeing that snake would have had me running for the hills, poisonous or not!