Wednesday, August 25, 2010

SQUARE 9






Summer is fleeing and our 6 grandkids are all back to school today. Friday my daughter has invited me to a fashion show to benefit their pool. She is going to be modelling in it so I certainly must be there. Good to get back to doing things together now the boys are gone all day and before she gets too busy in her school volunteering. She spends a fair amount of time there.

Here is square 9. The beauty of this one is the beading you see in picture 2. I used delica beads with a gold glint and it i so pretty in person. Pictures cannot do the beads justice. I absolutely love using delicas for the sparkle they give off that no other bead seems to do.

4 comments:

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

I love the new block and back on block eight, that rose on the tatted piece is wonderful.... I have never taken a class with Helen Gibb but I have several of her books and I have made some of her roses and the fushia. I love doing her ribbon flowers. I would love to go to one of her classes. You lucky girl.
Oh yes, I also love your beading on the purse. Its beautiful.
Hugs, Pat

Debra Dixon said...

The whole block is just gorgeous! I hope this will be done for exhibit next year!

Maggi said...

Yet another lovely block. They are all so different.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

As I said before, each one is nicer than the last!!