Monday, September 20, 2010

GOOD NEWS & CENTER


I just received a phone call from the cardiologist group where Harv had the stress test and another Dr. called to say that it was just fine. So now we can go along as usual. What the blip was they don't know and after all the tests and blood work we will just not worry about it.

I am posting a picture of what I am going to use as the centre of my butterfly quilt. She will be attached to a good piece of muslin before I start work on her and then will eventually be attached to the background diamond shape surrounded by the four beaded corners. I am going to use beads to highlight her wings and some silk ribbon to highlight the grasses at the bottom. I have also dyed a large lace motif to wrap up one side. Will have to wait until she is done to see if that will look good or nI did not want to use a butterfly as I did not follow their pattern except for the layout which I liked. Every block will be surrounded by black. Hope you like my gal. She will be a full siz 8 1/2 by 11 pic.

4 comments:

Maggi said...

Can't wait to see the whole piece go together.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hooray - glad to hear it was good news! Your 'girl' is gorgeous - I can already envision her surrounded by your black blocks.

Susan Elliott said...

She's beautiful Freda. And I'm glad to hear that Harv had some good news too!

Shane Pollard said...

Freda you must be over the moon - that's great news on Harv!!

She's a beautiful ethereal fairy and once you weave your bit of magic with the beading on her wings she will be a knock-out!!

Just letting you know I'm enrolled with the local Embroiderer's Guild to do their beginners class next February. At 68 it's never too late to learn - I'm excited!!

You both take care and enjoy life.
Hugs
Shane xoxo