Sunday, July 25, 2010

PURSE CONTINUES


I wanted to show you the next step on the front of the purse. This was to add the peyote stitch in matching beads to the 4 bead strips I had laid down. This was a little tricky for me as I have only done peyote stitch in the round when making a little bag years ago. It took me awhile to figure it out but once I started to get the rythym it went pretty good. Since taking this pic I have done another row of peyote on the outside of the far left strip and also couched down the peyote stitch beads I had put on. This step makes it easier to attach more rows. I need to add another row of peyote to the other 3 strips and then the fun begins as we start to branch out adding areas with loops and groups of stitches plus other larger beads we add in as fillers. The back is going to be harder as we add many more rows and it is longer because it includes the beaded flap. I am already thinking if I made more of these as gifts I might not bead the whole back just do where the brim folds over to the bottom of the brim. That is all you see on a bag when carrying it.

Hopefully I will have more to show you in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Maggi said...

The beading is just lovely.

Shane Pollard said...

Freda
Your purse is stunning!
You're obviously a very accomplished embroiderer.
I googles peyote stitch and the images that came up were just beautiful - I agree it looks very complicated!
I'm in my sixties and just starting on my stitching journey, so it's baby steps for me to master the basics at this stage!! (any helful hints or wisecracks will be gratefully received though!!)

The web is a wonderful platform for learning anything - no excuses these days!
Look forward to your next instalment.
Are you moving to Florida to live?
Shane