Friday, July 16, 2010

FLOWERS, FLOWERS EVERYWHERE





I have spent the last couple of days making and sewing flowers. It has been a lot of fun and I must put in a word for my teacher. Her name is Christen Brown and she has a beautiful store in San Diego, CA. Her instructions and handouts are wonderful. She explains every single flower and it is quite easy to understand. I just took some pics of flowers laid out on the lace panel. Only one corner is sewn down. That is the most fiddly part is sewing them down. After they are all down I have to do embellishing with embroidery and silk ribbon embr. After that is done we are adding beads to the very flowers and any other embellishments you would like to add.

I have been working so hard on this because I started in one week late and then signed up for another of her classes. This time it is a beaded purse. So far I have made the front and back purse pieces and am about ready to start on the beading. It was crazy signing up for 2 classes almost together but that was how they were offered at Joggles and sometimes when they run a class they don't run it again for months and I want the purse as an auction item for our Quester's November auction. 2 years ago I made a CQ purse and it went very well. If anyone wants to see either of these projects go to www.joggles.com and look at classes. I wouldn't hesitate to take anything by Christen after what I have seen of her instructions. She puts a lot of time and effort into them.
After Sharon B I would have to say Chisten is the best I have had and I have had a lot of CQ classes. It is so hot here that you can't do anything outside so must stay inside and sew.

Have to take my car over to the high school tomorrow as my GD Jennie is having a car wash benefit for her flags, cheerleading group. They need new warm-up suits for this fall plus some other equipment. Can't you just picture it - 90 degrees plus, high school girls in bikinis or short shorts hauling drivers in from the road. I think I better go sit over there and watch them. Just joking - they will be supervised by Mothers and probably my Son - her Dad.

Sue came over with the 2 youngest today as Kyle is taking an advanced Geography class in summer school which will help out this fall. One course down. Good idea plus it gives them something to do. Sue says he has 1-2 hours homework with it every night. We went to the library and got books then I took them to a new pancake house that opened up the street and we had lunch. 3 of us had pancakes and Sue had an omelet. They were very well behaved and thanked me for lunch. Good kids. She took pancakes home to heat up for Kyle.

9 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your flowers are absolutely beautiful - and I can tell they've been a lot of work. The end result is certainly worth the effort though!

Jillayne said...

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous and I love the background! Is it dyed or painted? However you did it, I love it. Crazy quilting is something really like to do and yours sure is inspiring me to get out my latest unfinished piece and get busy!

Queen Bee's Musings said...

love your flowers... I bought from Joggles but never took any classes.
sounds fun and it has been very hot here also.

Debra Dixon said...

Another beauty under your talented needle!

Terri Lee Takacs said...

WOW! Amazing! This is so much fun to watch this project unfold! I'm glad you got your prize! Don't worry about blogging about it silly! Just enjoy ;)
Now let's all pray for a break in this heat!!!!

Shanna Brooks said...

I am a new follower and member of the Bloggerette sorority. I am making my rounds to say hello and meet each lovely lady of our new sisterhood. Please visit me @ www.mommiesandbeyond.com
Your flowers are just gorgeous! Lovely!

Susan Elliott said...

Your needle's garden is just beautiful Freda. I'm eager to hear how your beading class went. I have never taken a Christen class but it's great to hear how much you like her. I'll have to check it out.

I too signed up for too many courses at once this Summer. What was I thinking? I don't even have time to breathe let along take courses. Oh well, we live and learn.

Happy Gardening!

Gina said...

This is just gorgeous!

Cathy said...

I love your flowers!! What fun. And thanks for the link to the St. Louis pictures. Now I wish I’d gone, but really there was NO WAY this month! But we’ll see you in Colorado in September! Hugs, Cathy