Wednesday, June 30, 2010

LESSON 2



Today I did the dyeing of the lace piece. I used 5 different colors, violet, saffron, turquoise, lime and cream. They were all watered down quite a bit but it is still a little brighter then I thought it would be when dried. I haven't posted them to the forum yet and haven't seen anyone else's piece once dyed. It will be interesting. I am not sure I should have used the doily in the middle as a focal point but it is just practice for the ideas. If I decide it is too bright I might go wet it down and go over with a golden ash or lighter. At least I am caught up and the next lesson comes out Friday. I am anxious to see what we do next.

We are having some beautiful weather here in Illinois at last. The last big rain was last thurs. with another smaller one on Sunday. Saturday turned out nice and it was the family birthday/Father's Day celebration at Sue's house. The weather was great and we were outside the whole time. The mosquito's finally drove us home abot nine. Good time was had by all. She had one of those big Costco birthday cakes with the cream cheese filling and it was delicious. She had a hockey theme in honor of the Blackhawks and I bought Sean one of the new shirts and both Granpas present each received a hockey shirt. I can't believe those cakes only cost 16.99. That is a bargain. She sent me home with 2 large pieces that we ate over 2 nights with a bit of ice cream. She had 20 some odd people all together so you know how big this cake was.

Well better get to cleaning the kitchen as I have dye stuff all over and it will be time soon for his honor to come dowstairs for his 5.30 cocktail before dinner at 6.30. Waving to Barb here as she knows the ritual. Hugs to you both.

5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looking good Freda - roll on Friday so we can see what's next!

Terri Lee Takacs said...

You won my giveaway! My daughter just picked your name out of my shower cap (it's what I had handy ~ LOL!) Just need your address which I had but can't find ;)
Your progess on the class project is stunning!

Terri Lee Takacs said...

Oh Freda ~ arent we an organized bunch ~ LOL!!!! My email is ~
tthreadart@aol.com

allie aller said...

What a creative way to use lace! This is so interesting, Freda...thanks so much for sharing with us!

Pamela Kellogg said...

Lovely Freda!! Just lovely! I love the soft colors!