Thursday, December 27, 2012

THE PINK SCARF PROJECT

Vickie of www.twobagsfull.blogspot.com has a wonderful project going on thru 2013.  It is knitting pink scarves for women who are undergoing treatment for breast cancer. I have knit the two following ones and am getting ready to pop them in the mail.

People all over the world are participating in this project and if you can knit you would certainly be welcome to contribute.  I have done just a garter stitch on these two and added a nice fringe and they are very soft and cuddly.  Hopefully they will feel good to the 2 women who receive them. 

When I get out to buy more yarn I am going to continue knitting more.  I like doing this at night while watching/listening to tv.

I used bernat baby coordinates sweet stripes which is a sport weight yarn.  I used size 8 needles and put on 36 stitches - easy.  Knit any reasonable length - add fringe and you are done. I should have mentioned that the yarn is self striping.

I am a breast cancer survivor myself so know how these will be appreciated.




4 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Look perfectly cozy!

(check your link--spelling of blogspot--link won't work)

Createology said...

Your scarves are lovely. How very generous of you to participate. I am knitting a scarf to donate also. Blessings with Peace and Joy for all of 2013...

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh these are beautiful scarves and I am so in favour of the whole idea that I too am contributing!
Thank you for your lovely comment Freda on my blog at Christmas!
I have taken some more images of the Christmas Lillies in the garden and will post them to you.
I wish you and your husband a very fulfilling and prosperous New Year
and for you lots of inspiring creations.
x Suzy

Vicki Boster said...

Oh Freda-- these scarves are stunning! The most beautiful shades of pinks-- and that fringe is gorgeous! Thank you for your desire to share one of these with me for the Pink Scarf Project-- another star in your crown my friend.

I can't wait to show the scarf on my blog-- I'll be linking back to you! I'm also creating a Pinterest board for all of the donations.

If you wish to share the direct link for my blog--
Vicki-2BagsFull.blogspot.com

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I truly love you for this kind gesture--

Xoxo
Vicki