Sunday, March 10, 2013

NEW WALLHANGING

I have decided to do another wall hanging and here is the beginning. The center panel is a photo of a angel monument that I have had for awhile and loved it. Sorry I can't give credit to whoever put it on the web because I just don't remember where I got it from. I decided to do silk ribbon embroidery throughout the swag that crosses the angel and cherubs. I did it all in white and shades of grey, both silk ribbon and embroidery threads. She will be in the middle surrounded by eight blocks that each have a smaller pic of a stone angel of some kind. I have always loved going through the old cemetaries and looking at the statues. The small pics came from a sheet I purchased. I have one in each block and want to go heavy on the lace embellishing on this hanging. I could not find many fabrics in shades of grey in silks, etc. so ended up buying cotton fabrics where there was a great choice at JoAnnes. I did buy some grey dupioni and had some white dupioni on hand so will incorporate these in with the cottons. Once embellished you can hardly tell what the fabrics are. We are going to the ocean next Sat. for a week and I wanted something easy to take with me and embroider while sitting at night. I hope to be walking the beach and sitting in the pool in the daytime.

4 comments:

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Looks like a great project hope to see it this summer.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

This looks like a beautiful project - can't wait to see it evolve. How big are you planning to make it?

Maggi said...

A lovely start to this project.

allie aller said...

It is going to be hauntingly lovely!