Friday, October 12, 2012

TORONTO VISIT

We had a great trip to Toronto to visit family, old friends and two new friends.  We always stay at a Holiday Inn near my late sister and my BIL Bill.  We are no longer able to stay with them or any oher relatives due to accessability for Harv in the chair.  We did visit a lot and went out to restaurants for lunch or dinner.  We are able to get in through the garage to the family room of Harv's youngest  sister Beth.  His other sister Joan came down from Barrie (about 60 miles north of Toronto) and our nephew Scott came over from his office to have lunch with us.  It was so nice to see them all.

The new friends are Mary Anne Richardson of Magpies Mumblings and her husband Jack.  MA and I have had an ongoing correspondence re crazy quilting and other meanderings.  We both were in Karen Ruane's first and third class.  MA brought her class projects down with her and also her journal class with Carol from New Zealand.  I wanted to see it as I am going to sign up for this once we arrive in Florida.

MaryAnne brought me a beautiful gift she had made.  It is a dress form made out of white dupioni and decorated with bits of lace and ribbon.  It is going to Florida with us.  For MA I took up a JoAnnes bag filled with sewing threads, fabric and lace.  I know MA does not have access to these items as readily as I can and she was pleased.  MA lives in Lindsay, Ont. which is about 80 miles from Toronto (Am I right MA).  They drove down to the hotel to meet us and we spent a couple of hours while the two guys talked fishing, etc. and sat with eyes glazed while we chatted away.  We then went to a delightful lunch after which they left to return home and Harv and I back to the hotel.

It is always such a pleasure to meet some of our blogging friends.


  

2 comments:

Queen Bee's Musings said...

What a lovely gift and wonderful visit.
Thanks for sharing.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

We really enjoyed our time spent with you and Harv (and yes, you have the distance right). We had a grand show and share, didn't we! Glad you're home safely.