Monday, October 15, 2012

EARLY CHRISTMAS




My daughter belongs to a Garden Club and they celebrate Christmas with a wonderful luncheon and auction where they raise funds to finance their endeavours all year. The lunch is always held at the famous Medinah Country Club in the Chicago area. I have never been to the luncheon with her as I am always in Florida early Dec.  She signed up to organize one of the baskets and she decided on a French - Vintage type.  We found a wonderful mid size suitcase that was covered in Paris ephemera and she decided this would make a perfect "basket".  She had been in Paris in April with 2 girlfriends for a 4 day mini trip and hence decided on the Paris theme.

I offered to make her a fewChristmas items to help fill the case.

I made a travel bag, a cone and a Christmas stocking.  I used the same lace on the stocking and the cone that I had been saving to use on something special.  It is old and very pretty.  On the stocking the flower on the toe is from the same piece even though it looks paler.

I have been very busy trying to get this and a few other things done before I leave for florida for the winter on Nov. 3.  After poslting I just noticed the tip of the cone has gone a little wonky.  I had told Sue to sew a pearl on the tip so I am sure she will un-wonky it before giving.  I actually made 6 of the cones as gifts.  3 I took to toronto for SILs and my maid of honor 53 years ago.  Two are destined for gifts down here.

5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Very pretty - I'm sure they will all be a big hit (wonky tip and all!). I'm working on a couple of stockings too - will have pictures up on my blog at a later date.

Unknown said...

There are truly astounding and so romantic and vintage looking.

Have a wonderful winter in Florida - how exciting

Debra Dixon said...

Wonderful pieces that match the theme so well--lucky daughter to have your help.

suziqu's thread works said...

Freda what gorgeous creations!
I love each and every one! That lace you have used is absolutely gorgeous too!
Thank you for your kind visit and comment. It would be wonderful if it was a real visit where you could walk around this amazing garden here!
I'll post some images of the garden soon!
Now have a really lovely time in Florida too.
Hugs,
Suzy

Maggi said...

Beautiful pieces Freda.