Friday, September 9, 2011

MAKING A BOOK





I have been intrigued with doing some paper books, journals, etc. I do want to make a nice lace one with antique pictures of children but this time I started a paper book from a class with Zinnia of www.roses on my table.ning.com. This is the second class I have taken on line from her and am so pleased. She gives all the information you could possibly need via videos and verbal text and her classes are so inexpensive.

The first class was using dominoes to make necklaces, etc. and I will show you them in the next day or two when I get more finished.

This book is assembled so it will unfold like an accordion and will look nice on a mantle or table, etc.It is only 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 but looks larger when finished.

I have a few more pages I am working on and other then the cover these are not all fully embellished yet.

I have added a flower and corners to the front page and then various things inside. Basically the theme of this book is butterflies and pictures of children and gals with butterflies. I will show you more as I go along and then the finished book. I have enjoyed this so much. I think I just needed a break from CQ.

I added corners to the front page as you can see in the top (sideways) pic and on all the pages I used Tim Holtz's tape with sayings. The golden butterfly page I just added tape and I will add some ribbon but not too much as it is very busy as is. The other pic of the cover is before I added the gold corners. I am going to put them on the corners of the front and back covers only.

I will keep you posted as I go along.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

What a beautiful project! Making and binding handmade books is a passion with one of my friends, and she often presents me with exquisitely constructed little journals. She doesn't embellish them as much as yours though; her interest is primarily in the construction of her books. She's done many of the accordion style ones like yours.