Wednesday, October 28, 2009






Well 24 hrs later and a new blog post. I started yesterday and was going great and almost ready to post a few pics and it up and disapeared on me except for "nd" which I labelled "no dice".

I will start again and tell you we were over at the Mission Inn from thurs. until sun. this is the reunion that Harv was organizing and running and now we are glad that is over. He worked on it for the better part of a year. It went very well and we had 70 some odd people from all over the country. They are all retired execs from their old company. Harv has been retired 17 years and the reunions actually started 24 years ago. they have been held every fall in various parts of the country. With the aging and health of the retirees we posted this one as the "One More Time"
and the "last Hurrah". It will be the last one.

I will post some pics of the Mission Inn in Howey In The Hills, FL
where it was held. It is only 1/2 hour from our house in Mt. Dora but we stayed there so he could be available plus is more fun that way. Mount dora had its annual Craft Fair with over 400 participants and the paper said they had over 250,000 people on Sat. & Sun. We stayed clear of it and found plenty of other things for people to do. Some went over on Friday and shopped and had lunch and some went on the 2 hour boat tour of all the lakes plus the Dora Canal. There was a dinner every night with entertainment of some kind.

It is good to be back home and if I don't lose this post I will put some pics of the Inn on here and hopefully get back to some stitching to have things to show.

On the Friday evening we had a casual night and held it down by the marina where they have a large building they use for entertaining. The young couple in the picture were hired to sing and started at 5 with cocktails and sang until after 9 when dinner was over. They were very good. tTey had been used by another gal and they sent us a cd to listen to and we were impressed because every song on there was their own. Hope they can make it big one day. How do you like his curls? I could use a bit of that hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I have driven by the Mission sooooo many times! I always wondered what was on the other side of the wall. I wish I were quilting in Florida right now :-) I am in the cold Adirondacks.