Wednesday, February 11, 2009







In the last post I showed you the block I had made using Judith's fabrics when mine had not arrived. I did start eventually with my fabrics and I believe I made the first two blocks and sewed them together plus started embellishing them in the rest of the class. I continued when I went home to make 2 more panels. The second one was made as one large one because I wanted to put a fan in the middle and the third one was again 2 squares sewn together. They are roughly 12 x 24 each panel. So will end up as a 24 wide by 36 wallhanging plus borders.

I am at a point where I am trying to figure out what kind of border or borders, what color, should they be plain because the panels are so embellished? I bought some pink taffeta and have laid it over that but don't know if I like it and also where will this hang. I will show pics of the first panel today. I also added a couple of closeups of 2 areas. I see the colors are not very good. I did them outside but at the end of the day. Maybe inside with the flash might be better. May try that with the rest of them tomorrow.

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Lovely!! Something you have mastered (and I can't seem to get right) is having elements drift away from the seams. I think it's my perfectionism that insists I need to keep on the seams. You've done a great job!

Debra said...

Now this is my kind of embellishing! Lovely, lovely!

Rengin Yazitas said...

I loved your color combinations, this is my kind with heavy embellishments...Gorgeous work!
Much Love,
Rengin