Sunday, February 10, 2013

GRANDMA'S GIRL FINISHED

A couple of weeks ago I showed some of the photos of my grandaughter when she was little. I was making an album for her for her 18th. birthday. Well it is now finished and I just need to find a box that fits and mail it off to IL to arrive by Feb. 20th. The cover I made for it came from a class that I am now taking called Remains of The Day by Mary Anne Moss. It is a journal class and this is the pattern for the cover of the journal. Normally your pages would be bound into the cover making a journal but in this case I started with a wire bound journal and filled it first. This cover is just a wrap to keep the book in. Here are a couple more pics of the wrap and the cover. Jenny's favorite color when little was hot pink hence the trimming around the cover.

7 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

What a sweet gift. I like the bag you made for it too. It's obviously of gift filled with love. :-) What is in the book...photo's and memories for her childhood?

Maggi said...

That looks like a gift that she will treasure.

Anne said...

Hello, my Dear! This is so beautiful! I've come to you from The "Grow Your Blog" party...it was over before I knew about it, but it was so nice of Vicki to leave the list up! Anyway, I always welcome new blogs to enjoy, and yours is delightful! I am now following you ~ please come and visit me if you get a chance!
So nice to "meet" you!
Hugs,
Anne

Debra Dixon said...

Your granddaughter is going to love her scrapbook!

Gabriela said...

I love it Freda!I am sure she will treasure it!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Guess who is behind in their blog reading again? Only excuse I have is working on the hussif every spare moment I have. Anyway - I know your granddaughter will be thrilled with this.

Createology said...

This is such a thoughtful and loving gift for your Granddaughter. You have created a treasured heirloom for her. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...