Tuesday, August 21, 2012

FAMILY CONT'D

I typed a similar one to this last night and hit publich and it disappeared.  I am having a bad time with blogger. I will start again and hope it goes thru this time.

Monday Harv celebrated his 81st. birthday.  The pic was cropped from a group pic taken in July at the Old timers Lunch some of the retirees in chicago have every summer.  On the Wed. was our 53rd. anniversery and the flowers were a gift from my son and DIL in Minneapolis, MN.  She was in town at Motorola headquArters teaching a seminar to a group of their managers and she came up Wed. to have dinner with H and I.  She arrived with this bouquet my son had ordered from a local florist and she picked it up and brought it with her. 

On Friday evening our son & DIL and our daughter and SIL took us out to a golf course for dinner.  We had a great time. We have a lot of birthdays, etc. from May to Oct. so there is always something to get us together.



3 comments:

Wendy said...

Are you sure the post wasn't backdated? If you look at the schedule button to the side of a post you're writing, you can set the date to post. If that was in the past, it'd put it in date order in your list of posts and disappear from the front page.

Gina E. said...

Belated happy birthday wishes, Harv! You give me hope for my hubby; I know from Freda's blog you have suffered ill health for many years, but you are still here to enjoy life. Ken will be 70 in December if he lives that long. 45 years of cigarettes may have sealed his fate.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

A birthday and an anniversary? Definitely cause for celebration....congratulatory hugs to you both!