Saturday, June 20, 2015

Downton Abbey RR

 
This is the block that was with her others that was lost.

I have been in a round robin based on Downton Abbey this past few months.  It is the first one I have entered in about 15 years or when I was a newbie.  I think it will be my last.  There are 5 of us in this RR = should have been six but one gal had to drop out before we started hence 5 of us.  We are to do a block a month and we work on one entire block then mail on to the next person.  When finished we will receive 4 finished blocks and one left to be done by ourselves.

All was going well until May 19 when I mailed a large envelope with the block I had just finished from Mt. Dora to Jackson, TN.  It was supposed to arrive 2-3 days later and still has not arrived.  The post office is supposedly doing a search for it.  I feel very bad because 1 gals 5 blocks were in there. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will find it somewhere and it will be returned.

The following 3 blocks are the ones I have completed with one more block to be done that I have not received yet.  Here are the 3 I have done.

 On this block I did a lot of beading around the flowers in the center.


Thisone was fun to do.  The only thing I am not sure about is the small flower applique I put on the bottom left of the picture.  If she does not like it it can easily be removed.


This is just a section I accidently downloaded.

You can tell I had a little downloading problem. Hugs Freda

7 comments:

Gina E. said...

Oh Freda, I do hope that package turns up. It is soul destroying when something like that disappears, after all those hours of work on something so unique. Hopefully it will turn up out of the blue one day...I used to sweat tears of blood when I was taking part in round robins, and watched the various items go on their way after my work on it. I couldn't rest until it was at its destination!

Maggi said...

I do feel for you. So much work goes into the blocks and to have them go missing is so distressing. Hopefully it will turn up soon. I love the blocks that you have shown.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh no - how sad that something that precious should disappear in the postal system. I really hope they are able to trace the package and that it will show up soon. It's one of the things you have to be prepared for when taking part in round robins, but it's terribly upsetting when it does.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, what gorgeous work. Oh I do hope they show up, I find that the post office seldom loses packages!

I think an Oct Nov show is a great idea for the Polka Dot Flea, but when I started checking it out, there was so much competition in those months. The real reason is that I can't do it myself, my son helps me and he is a school teacher so, I do it in June when he is off for the summer. Oh it would be so fun to have you come.

Carol

reclaimed dining table said...

I love the blocks that you have shown. Gorgeous work! How's everything now? I hope all is well.

AppleApricot Wen said...

Gorgeous work, wow... How wonderful to be part of a stitching round robin. But how sad if a precious work gets lost. I really hope they'll find it.

KathyA. said...

Just visiting your blog for the first time and am in awe of your work! Wondering if this lost package was ever found? I hope so! Such amazing work...