Friday, December 20, 2013

BUSY WEEK

 
My daughter Susan flew in Sunday evening to spend a few days with her Dad and I.  A little early Christmas present.  She came alone and Jon stayed home with the 3 boys and handled the fort.
 



 
Sue with her Dad - my hubby Harv.  It is a bad picture of him - he is not smiling.  I probably took it too fast.
 
 

 
We had a great visit.  We shopped Mon., Tues. and Wed. also lunched and had dinner at the club on wed. evening.  We finished off Thurs. morning with a quick run to the local flea market where we go every week and buy our fruits and vegetables at the farmer's market plus whatever goodies I happen to find.  Sue and I went alone then came back and got Harv. who then drove her and I to the airport.
It is a good hour to the orlando airport from Mount Dora.  She flew out at 2.40 and with the hour gained was in Chicago by 5 where Jon picked her up then home to the boys.  Time goes too fast when you are enjoying yourself.

Then today Carol and Woody Kramer came to lunch.  Carol is in CQI and we met many years ago thru crazy quilting.  We have been room mates at a few different retreats. They live in Claremont, FL about a hour to the SW of us.  Both Harv and I had our cameras out in the sun room to take pictures and it wasn't until they were driving down the street that it dawned on me no pictures were taken.  Next time we get together we will have to remember.  Good time with Good friends.

4 comments:

Maggi said...

How lovely to be able to spend some time with your daughter, and your friends, even though you did forget the photos!

Debra Dixon said...

Sweet! and a peek into your house too!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sounds like a wonderful time spent with your daughter and your friends. Not taking pictures just means that you were enjoying yourselves!

Shane Pollard said...

How precious having your daughter Susan visiting by herself!!!

I've done that so often Freda - had the camera at my side all ready to go, but too busy talking and laughing - that moment gone forever - maddening!!

BIG Christmas hugs to you and Harv
and here's to a happy and healthy 2014
love
Shane