Monday, April 29, 2013

SQUARES FINISHED


I said in a recent post that I was going to pack away my squares and finish them when we get home to Chicago.  Well I was cleaning out a bit in the sewing room and came across a container that had a lot of stuff that I could use on these blocks.  So I went ahead and worked on them and they are just about finished.  I may add a bit or take off a bit when I am home but here they are for now.






I entered 4 to make sure they came out and will now add the other 4.  They are 6 -  8" and 2 - 8 x 11
for the sides to match the original stone angel picture.

I see that in pic 2 that he little MOP leaves look yellow.  They do not look yellow in reality.

2 comments:

Jillayne said...

These are gorgeous Freda - I love the colouring - and your stitching is superb. It will be wonderful to see these all joined together eventually - a stunning piece!

Gina E. said...

These blocks are absolutely beautiful, Freda. I had not thought of doing crazy patchwork with laces and white linens - what a great way to use up those vintage linens we find at thrift shops and garage sales, that are damaged in some way.
Is that what you have done here?