Thursday, February 16, 2012

SECOND CLOTH FINISHED






Here are pics of my second cloth. I am still learning and still trying new things.
Karen is offering a new class starting early March and I think I will sign up. It is an extended class of this one and we will also be working on paper as she shows on her blog. that will be a new one for me.

the last pic, which should have been the first, is stretched on to a couple of pieces of cork then lightly sprayed with water. It dries overnight and you have a very nice smooth look. So far it has not damaged any of the fabrics I have worked with. I still think as a crazy quilter where you would never dream of touching water near your piece.

8 comments:

Maggi said...

What a lovely piece Freda. I do like the touches of pink. You are beginning to think like an embroiderer when you are prepared to pin your work out and spray it.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Freda,
Your blocks are beautiful! You have done a great job.
Deb

jenclair said...

Just beautiful! Love all of the texture!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Freda!!!!! I considered taking the class too, but time constraints got in the way. It looks like I missed something very special.
XO Diane

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Absolutely stunning Freda!

Chris said...

Hi Freda, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

Freda...I just found your blog....I am going to list it on the class blog. I love to see your work on here too....

Susan Elliott said...

It's gorgeous Freda! Ok. enough already. I'm signing up for her class!

I stitch my crazy quilt blocks stretched on a frame. I always lose some tautness as I stitch so when a block is finished, I will tighten it a little more and then steam it from below and let it dry overnight. I haven't had any problems yet. I learned this from Japanese embroidery...